Ottange (3,043 inhabitants, 15.48 km2), once under Ottonian rule, experienced two German occupations.
Ottange is linked to the municipality of Nondkeil, and the name comes from the Kayl brook and the municipality of Kayl (Luxembourg). In 1976 Merovingian tombs were discovered in Ottange. After the feudal rule of Ottange ended in 1518, the houses Heltz and Unolstein followed until 1790.
The hoisting shaft of the Ottange mine was sunk before 1900. In 1912, pits 1 and 3 were connected to the Differdange ironworks via a 12 km long cable car. The iron ore was transported to Rodange and Athus via the Rumelange railway station until the colliery closed in 1966.
Amateur plays are regularly performed at the Espace Ottange-Nondkeil.
Find more information about Ottange here.
Chapel of Nondkeil in Ottange
The modern Chapel of Nondkeil-Ottange was desecrated on March 26, 2018VISIT THE WEBSITE
L'Espace Ottange-Nondkeil (L'EON)
Inaugurated in 2016, the Espace Ottange-Nondkeil (L'EON) can accommodate up to 140 people seated for various socio-cultural eventsVISIT THE WEBSITE
TAG YOUR TERRITORY!